MAKER SPACE BOOT CAMP:
How To Start a FAB LAB from Ground Zero
March 8-10, 2022 in Independence, Kansas
From our humble beginnings on October 1, 2014 in a rural southeastern Kansas town of less than 10,000 people some remarkable things have happen that, in addition to efforts by other community groups, are starting to help move the needle in revitalizing our area economy.
Join us for 2 1/2 days to learn how you might create the entrepreneurial mindset and maker space in your community to greatly enhance your revitalization efforts. A Fab Lab or maker space can support entrepreneurial start-ups and small business development in many ways besides just the prototyping of new products.
*Virtual option available.
With the virtual option, campers will stay home or at work for the virtual portions of the camp on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Then at a later time, either individually or in small groups, campers come to the Lab for their Maker time. Click here to see what we call "enhanced" Zoom for the virtual sessions to make them much more interesting than the typical Zoom experience.
Virtual content schedule:
Mornings: Tue, Wed, 9:00 - 11:50; Thu, 9:00 - 12:30
Maker time Lab experience:
Afternoons: Tue and Wed, after lunch - 5:00
Virtual campers will schedule time to come to the Lab in person at a later time for the maker portion of camp.
Camp ends 12:30 PM Thursday with box lunch provided.
For questions, contact director Jim Correll at 620.252.5349 or email@example.com.
- Save $500 with our Early Bird discount on registrations through January 31, 2022.*
- Additional discounts for Kansas E-Communities, Community College faculty/staff, National Main Street members, Kansas PRIDE Members and Kansas residents. Contact us* to get your discount code.
- Hear from community members and stakeholders about the impact Fab Lab ICC has had on the area mindset and economy
- Experience first-hand making so you can see that you definitely don't need an engineering degree to use or manage the maker space
- Your registration fee includes a light breakfast and lunch on all three days and dinner on Tue and Wed evening.
For questions, contact* director Jim Correll at 620.252.5349 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Register anytime and pay by January 31, 2022 to receive the Early Bird discount.
Click for directions and hotel and B&B information.