MAKER SPACE BOOT CAMP:
How To Start a FAB LAB from Ground Zero
September 13-15, 2022 in Independence, Kansas
From our humble beginnings on October 1, 2014 in a rural southeastern Kansas town of less than 10,000 people some remarkable things have happen that, in addition to efforts by other community groups, are starting to help move the needle in revitalizing our area economy.
CLICK here to download an 8-page excerpt from Southeast Kansas Living magazine you can use to show your community the benefits of having a Fab Lab or Maker Space.
Join us for 2 1/2 days to learn how you might create the entrepreneurial mindset and maker space in your community to greatly enhance your revitalization efforts. A Fab Lab or maker space can support entrepreneurial start-ups and small business development in many ways besides just the prototyping of new products.
Mornings: Tue, Wed, 9:00 - 11:50; Thu, 9:00 - 12:30
Maker time Lab experience:
Afternoons: Tue and Wed, after lunch - 5:00
Camp ends 12:30 PM Thursday with box lunch provided.
For questions, contact director Jim Correll at 620.252.5349 or email@example.com.
Pay no money now. Register and we'll invoice you after July 31.
- Save $500 with our Early Bird discount on registrations through July 31, 2022*
- Additional discounts for Kansas E-Communities, Community College faculty/staff, National Main Street members, Kansas PRIDE Members and Kansas residents. Contact us* to get your discount code.
- Hear from community members and stakeholders about the impact Fab Lab ICC has had on the area mindset and economy
- Experience first-hand making so you can see that you definitely don't need an engineering degree to use or manage the maker space
- Your registration fee includes a light breakfast and lunch on all three days and dinner on Tue and Wed evening.
For questions, contact* director Jim Correll at 620.252.5349 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Register by July 31, 2022 to receive the Early Bird discount.
Click for directions and hotel and B&B information.