Build Your Own, Custom, Playable Electric or Acoustic Guitar*
Starting Aug 16, 2022 at Fab Lab ICC.
*No experience building or playing necessary.
View Flyer HERE
CLICK here to hear our KGGF Morning Show interview with Steve Reid and Chuck Goad.
From the earliest known public mention of an electrically enhanced guitar, appearing in Wichita, Kansas in October of 1932, to the news in 1940, that Les Paul created "The Log," a guitar whose strings and pickups were mounted on a guitar body carved from a solid block of wood, electric guitars have captivated every generation since.
Over the years the great artists like Les Paul, Duane Eddy, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, Slash, Van Halen and Yngwie Malmsteen have attracted legions of followers.
Imagine the exhilaration experienced by Les Paul when he plugged in "The Log" and heard the sounds for the first time. You can experience the same exhilaration at Fab Lab ICC, by the end of the semester!
For the first time, in this class, you can choose to build and keep either a real, custom, playable electric or acoustic guitar. No experience necessary and you don't have to know how to play. We have kits available that include everything you need. Check our online store for kit selections.
In this class, you will learn:
- Basic woodworking and wood finishing techniques
- How electric guitars work
- How guitar components are made
- Guitar assembly and intonation
The class takes place at Fab Lab ICC on Tuesdays from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM starting Aug 16 through Dec 6, 2022.
This class is available either with or without college credit.
- Non-credit, $165 (register below)
- Credit, $490.00 - $510.00 depending where you live. (For-credit enrollment is available through our ICC admissions office.
- Call 620.331.4100 / 800.842.6063 for more information.
For Northern Montgomery County residents, (approx)$330
Guitar kits can be purchased through out online store. Click the "Shop" tab on any of our web pages.
- Electric 6-string, 4-string bass and 6-string acoustic guitar kits:
- We have a wide selection of guitar kits available for sale that were chosen to work well in this class. You can see electric guitar availability on the registration form. See the acoustic kit in our online store by clicking on the "Shop" tab of any of our web pages. If you’d like to see the kit before purchasing, feel free to come to the Lab during our open hours. Some class participants elect to purchase their own kits. In the past, we’ve sometimes found that these self-purchased kits have required skills and/or tools beyond those available in the class. If you wish to purchase your own kit, please contact instructor, Steve Reid at 620-779-5027 or email, email@example.com.
If you choose non-credit, the course and kit fees are payable to Fab Lab ICC on or before the first night of class.
If you choose college credit, the course fee is payable per college policy and the kit fee is payable to Fab Lab ICC on or before the first night of class