Bag and Small Zipper Bag Class
Tuesday evenings 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
April 5th and 12th
View PDF HERE
Taught by local quilting and sewing expert Janet Mayes, owner of The Little Orange Patch, this class is for those wanting to learn sewing techniques by making a cute and functional bag and zipper bag.
Come learn some sewing skills by creating a functional bag and zipper bag.
Included in the class will be 6 hours of instruction over 2 evenings. Interfacing is available for purchase at Fab Lab ICC. If you choose to use interfacing other than what is recommended or available for purchase, your bag may not turn out at the level of quality you expect.
You will need to bring:
1. 1 Fat Quarter for sides
2. 1 Fat Quarter for lining
3. Interfacing 10"X16" available in Fab Lab for purchase
4. Zippers - available at Fab Lab
5. A neutral color thread
6. Please make sure your sewing machines are in good working order with a new 90/14 size needle.
7. Rotary cutter with a new blade
8. Seam ripper
9. 12.5 x 12.5 inch ruler if you have one
1. Lightweight fusible interfacing 1/2 yard - available for purchase at Fab Lab
2. Heavy fusible interfacing 1 1/2 yards - available for purchase at Fab Lab
3. 1 Fat Quarter for pocket fabric
4. 1/2 yard for strap fabric
5. 1/2 yard for side fabric
6. 1/4 yard denim for bottom fabric - available at Fab Lab
7. 1/2 yard fabric for lining
You may bring food and/or beverage to sustain you during class sessions.
If you have need for a sewing machine, fabric, or supplies please reach out to Fab Lab ICC for resources.
While participating in this class you will receive a 12 week membership to Fab Lab ICC. In case you would like to continue your membership once the 12 weeks has expired, our system will send you an expiration notice, offering another full 12 months for $125. A membership gives you full access, during our hours and by appointment, to the machines and facilities of Fab Lab ICC including Sew Fab and the mid-arm quilting machine. See the website or a staff member for membership details and prices, including other membership types, i.e. Family.
We have a limited amount of scholarship funding available to help with registration and material costs. If financial help would make it possible for you to participate in this class, please contact Laura Schaid at the Lab at 620.332.5499 or firstname.lastname@example.org to check on availability of funds.